Friday, December 17, 2010

The man of many words...

... and most of them funny.

Tyler and I were having a conversation about Christmas. I asked him if he thought he had been good, he went through a whole list of things such as being nice to his sisters, making his bed, helping take out the garbage etc... and came to the conclusion that yes he had been good. After sitting thoughtfully for a minute, he turned to me and said, "But Mom, do you know what? I have to keep being good because Santa checks that list twice."

Background: I am married to the biggest UTE fan in the world and has brain washed our children to follow in his footsteps.

We have a U of U Christmas tree. Every year we get new ornaments to add to our collection and show our loyalty. This year we let the kids help decorate the tree and Ty took great pride in the finished product. About a week later we were at my parents house and Ty gives their gorgeous, full, nine foot tree the once over, turns to my dad and says, "Your tree looks pretty good, but you don't have any Utah Nutcrackers." And with a pitying sigh walked away.

1 comment:

Cindi said...

That is pretty cute! Utah Nutcrackers..... I am a ute fan too- but all I have is a string of U of U lights....I am doing my best to sway all of the children to my side!! :) Thanks for sharing that. Merry Christmas!