Monday, December 22, 2008

*Countdown*

It is the twenty-second of December. My house is a crazy disaster, I haven't finished shopping yet, needless to say I haven't finished wrapping yet, my refrigerator is empty, and I still have part of my quarterly job (which is due tomorrow) to do. Does anyone else feel like me? I loved watching the girls' Christmas dance concert and hearing the school choir that Rilie is in sing, but I am too harried to really enjoy myself. I remember when I was in elementary school singing a song, "There are six pink peppermints 'til Christmas, and there's lots and lots of things for us to do..." If you went to school with me you just had a flash-back. I keep thinking I can get caught up tomorrow, sadly my tomorrows are numbered, as all three of my children keep reminding me. There are three pink peppermints 'til Christmas, and there's lots and lots of things for us to do, like sing Christmas carols 'round the tree, then you and I can bake a pumpkin pie, and pick a purple tie for uncle Lou... Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I think our lives are so similar besides the working 2 or 3 jobs and not have even starting my Christmas shopping yet. You make me laugh. Thanks for the giggles!